Rules & Regulations
Tournament Rules 2022
Note: Read Carefully
1. It is the responsibility of the tournament participants to know and obey state and local fish, game and boating laws.
2. Fish entries must be taken with bow, compound, recurve or long bow and single point arrow only.
3. Release forms must be signed and on record for each participant of a tournament.
4. Registration will close 2 hours after tournament begins. After start of tournament, participants must sign sheet at tournament location. Participants are required to register and pay immediately at weigh-in, and call or text tournament host to specify:
a. Numbers, Big 20, or Both (there is no numbers division in Big 30 tournaments)
b. Number of participants
c. Side pot preferences
5. There is no limit on the number of miles that you can travel by boat, unless otherwise notified.
6. All boats will leave from tournament site- NO TRAILERING unless the tournament is a predetermined trailering tournament. Tournament host must determine if trailering is permitted and set boundaries at annual meeting.
7. Identification of persons participating is required upon request.
8. Each team will be allowed the use of one boat during the tournament. If mechanical trouble requires the use of another boat, that boat must be inspected before leaving the tournament site.
9. Tournaments will begin and end at the predetermined times by the sponsoring teams.
10. A penalty of one fish per minute will be assessed to any team returning late for up to 30 minutes, with the largest fish by weight being the first penalty fish. The penalized team will remove penalty fish. Any team not reported in by 30 minutes after the end of a tournament will be disqualified.
11. When arriving at the tournament PLEASE register as soon as possible.
12. Day and night scouting is permitted up to the start of the tournament. No bows in the boat for the period of 24 hours prior to the start of the tournament.
13. No bait or chumming fish.
14. Only rough fish are legal. Eligible species of fish will be announced at the pre-tournament meeting. NO catfish or bullheads are allowed towards eligible fish for any tournament.
15. Suspected transferring of fish between teams will result in disqualification of all teams involved.
16. No unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated.
17. The decisions of tournament officials will be FINAL.
18. A formal protest fee in the amount of $50.00 must be made to officials and posted one hour prior to the awards ceremony.
19. Failure to comply with the tournament rules will result in disqualification and entry fee WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
20. All participants must check out upon leaving the tournament early.
21. Tournament hosts and sponsors are not responsible for accidents or lost property.
22. NO AUTOMATIC REFUNDS OF ENTRY FEE. Fees or any portion of fees refunded will be the decision of tournament officials and will be based on reason of cancellation.
23. All airboats or fan motors must have a suitable shroud protecting the fan blades.