- This event has passed.
May 1st/2nd East Big 30
May 1 @ 7:00 pm - May 2 @ 7:00 am
Send-off and weigh-in at 5805 Howell Rd, Otter Lake, MI 48464
Boundaries: All Michigan public waters east of highway 127 and 75
Host: Johnathon Beebe (810)701-1205 & Josh Damron (269)586-1716
Cost: $30 per person for participants over the age of 16 $5 of that $30 will automatically go toward the big fish pot. There will be a optional $5 per person numbers side pot at this event as well. A annual $30 BAM membership is also required for this event.
Payout will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd based off our open class payout system.
All Bam rules apply and can be viewed on the website at bowfishbam.com
1. All boats must be present at both registration and weigh-in. No exceptions. Being late to weigh in will result in losing 1 fish per minute starting with the biggest fish
2. The entire west side of the state will be closed to Bowfishing starting 7pm Friday. Scouting is allowed, but no bows, gaffs, or spears in the boat after 7pm Friday. If you see someone out shooting make a mental note and take a picture if possible of the boat, truck, and trailer and let a board member or host know.
3. Boundaries are pretty self explanatory basically a straight line through the middle of the state 127 turns into 75 north of Higgins lake and south of Grayling (Higgins is out of bounds) and 127 zig zags a little south of Jackson so know where you are at.
4. You must launch at a public or public pay launch. No private launches can be used even if it’s attached to public water. If you have multiple vehicles they must all be at the same launch. There will be no parking a chase vehicle somewhere else.
5. Must have your big 30 sorted, and ready for weigh in before you get to the scales. No sorting allowed at the scales.
6. There will also be prizes for big dog and big gar. We may have a mystery fish as well that will be determined at registration.
7. There is no limit to the number of shooters on the boat but there is a minimum of 2 people for safety reasons.
I highly encourage anyone who hasn’t read the rules, or if it’s been awhile since you have looked at them to go onto the website and look them over before Friday.
This is a single class event, but points for the open class team of the year will be awarded at this event.