2013 Michigan Youth Bowfishing Championship
When: Saturday, June 8 Registration: 8:30 am
Tournament hours: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Echo Point Landing Lake Allegan, Allegan Mi
Divisions: 10 and under, 11-14, and 15-17 for each boys and girls
On Monroe Rd. west of M40
3671-3695 Monroe Rd
Cost: 100% free to all participants.
No B.A.M. membership required.
Contact: Brian at MiYouthBowfishing@gmail.com
- Heaviest three fish win each division.
- Big fish prizes also awarded for heaviest fish.
- 3D target range for youngsters and non-bowfishers
We're on Facebook! Check us out on Facebook for complete pictures and information. Click "Like" to stay up-to-date on the latest news: www.Facebook.com/MiYouthBowfishing
DONORS: Please support our donors and thank them for supporting our youth!
American Airboat Corp www.AmericanAirboats.com
1. This is a youth tournament only, No adult shooters.
2. Youth shooters must either shoot targets or fish to be eligible to win prizes.
3. Shooting time for tournament is 9:00 am until 3:00 pm.
4. All fish taken and brought back to shore must be turned in at tournament site for proper disposal.
5. Tournament shooters are responsible for picking which three fish they want for official weigh-in.
6. Once a youth shoots a fish, an adult in the boat may help the youth land the fish with dip net, gaff, hands, backup arrow, etc.
7. Heaviest three fish of any combination of legal species will win each division.
8. A fish can be weighed anytime during tournament hours.
9. All laws from Michigan boating guidelines must be strictly followed.
10. Life jackets must be worn by all youth shooters while traveling to and from hunting spots.
11. This is a bowfishing tournament; any youth who shoots a fish in a division will be place ahead of target shooters.
12. Adults may assist youth to shoot targets on their own by holding their arm behind the wrist and assisting to pull the bow, but the child must aim and release without assistance.
13. Legal shooting area is the waters of Lake Allegan between the dams.
14. Legal fish species include carp, gar, bowfin, buffalo, drum, goldfish, and shad. Catfish are legal to shoot in Michigan, but they will not count in the tournament.
15. Only fish taken by spear or bow and arrow will be counted.